.

Monday, March 25, 2019

I Hate Needles :: Personal Narrative

I Hate Needles Dr. Ross comments As part of our aim of American Literature, my class and I explore the continuing theme of companionship to community as revealed by the writers. I also offer my learners indemnity points for performing a community service and writing about their declare connection to community as discovered through their act of service. This student chose to give blood and writes a surprisingly delightful description of her experience. She humorously finds her own good connections. I hate needles. That doesnt come as a shock to most people who know me. Im a wuss. I have a fairly long tend of phobias, yet needles rank right up there at the top. I once get word somewhere that public speaking is the number unity affright of most Americans. Coming in a not-so-close second come out of the closet was death. So the way I interpret that statistic, that must mean that at a funeral, most people would rather be in the enclose than giving the eulogy. That s pretty shocking. So what does this have to do with my fear of needles, you may ask? Not much. I just figured that since this writing is for extra credit, I can pretty much write whatever I want and not have to worry about acquire a bad grade for being creative, so I just thought Id throw that in there for giggles and aim it a little more entertaining. But it actu eachy does tie in. underside you guess what the third-ranking fear of most Americans is? Needles. (Okay, not really. I do all that up, but I hear that 90% of all statistics are made up anyway, so I guess it is possible that I couldve read that somewhere.) So Im terrified of needles, but they say that what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, and I am certainly banking on that to be align every time I go to the Blood Center to donate blood, which is about every two months. I dont standardised it, but its just such a good matter to do. I used to give whenever they would come around in those buses, but I s topped doing that after my first visit to the Blood Center. I discovered that you get much more individual attention when you go to the Blood Center at about seven o time on a Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment